So I’ve been experimenting with different recipes and looking more into grain-free options for desserts. As I searched through several archives of grain-free chocolate chip cookies, I found this recipe. It seemed pretty easy and I had everything on hand in my baking pantry. I haven’t been entirely “sold” on some of the grain-free recipes out there. Most of these recipes are coming out due to there being such an emphasis now on people with food allergies or auto-immune disorders, which is great, however, they don’t always “Pan” out. No pun intended… Well, maybe a little. But this recipe left me pleasantly surprised. It came out tasting like… A chocolate chip cookie. The texture lended itself to be slightly grainy but it had a nice crunch and excellent flavor. My only complaint: it needed more chocolate chips. (-:
This was my first ever almond flour baked good! Definitely a hit and so now I will share this with you all. Enjoy!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten/Grain-free)
Ingredients(Makes about 12 cookies):
- 1 1/2 cups(6 ounces) almond flour
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life minis) – increase to 1/2 c. If desired
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Mix in the egg.
3. Next, add the almond flour, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix until it’s all incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop the batter into even portions, lightly patting them into circular patties onto the parchment paper and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before removing the cookies from the tray.