It’s almost Valentine’s day and I had to make these cookies for my boys. I got this recipe from the “Against All Grains” book, by Danielle Walker. In the book, Danielle cuts them into squares but I decided to use cookie cutters. A little more work but worth it. These are soft, simple and delicious cookies that my little guys can enjoy and I hope you do, too.
1 c. coconut flour, sifted
1/2 t. Cinnamon
1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. Baking soda
4 egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 c. Coconut oil, softened
1/2 c. Honey
2 t. Pure vanilla extract
Cookie cutters, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well incorporated. Place wet ingredients in another bowl and mix. Add dry ingredients into wet until well combined.
3. Form the dough into a ball and roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
4. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into squares or use your favorite cookie cutter shape.
5. Carefully slide the paper with the crackers onto a baking sheet and place into the fridge for 20-30 minutes to set up.
6. Gently separate the squares, spacing them evenly around the pan. Use a toothpick to prick holes on the crackers, if desired.
7. Bake for 14-16 minutes, turning half way through. Cool on a wire rack.