These flourless brownies will hit the spot for any chocoholic. And I guarantee that NO ONE will even miss the wheat or dairy. It is thick, rich, and Fudgy. Plus, it’s covered in BACON! Need I say more?!
Fudgy Maple Bacon Brownies (Grain/Gluten/Dairy/Nut free)
Double it, if you’re a chocoholic!
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup unsweetened cacao powder
1 cup of sugar* (coconut sugar, sugar, or 3/4 c. Maple syrup)
¼ cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
Chocolate ganache, recipe below
6 strips of cooked bacon, brushed with maple syrup, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until velvety smooth.
2. Pour into a parchment paper lined 8 x 4 loaf pan.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The brownies will be soft in the middle at 30 minutes and have a slight jiggle. Leave the brownies for at least 5 hours before cutting and eating (I personally couldn’t wait that long and dove right in, as you can see in the picture below).
This recipe makes about 8 brownies. I doubled the recipe and extended the cooking time a few extra minutes.
Chocolate Ganache (Dairy free)
1/3 cup coconut oil, liquified but not warm
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons cold full fat coconut milk
1. In a small bowl, combine the oil, cocoa and honey.
2. Using a whisk or a mixer, beat the ingredients till well combined and there are no lumps of cocoa left.
3. Add the coconut milk/cream and continue beating till the ganache becomes thick, smooth and glossy.
*PALEO* use 3/4 cups maple syrup (Grade B) in place of the sugar for a moist and gooey texture. Cooked for 30-35 minutes the center will appear to be uncooked but after cooling for a few hours (or in the fridge) it will settle and be more firm. The texture will be more like a molten chocolate.
Cut a square or rectangular piece of parchment to fit your pan and make a slit in each corner, like this:
Oil the bottom of the pan so that the parchment paper doesn’t budge. Cut off any excess paper. This will make it easier to cut and clean up.
I hope you enjoy these deliciously decadent brownies.