WHAT THE KALE?! … Chips
Okay. That title isn’t really mine as far as originality goes. It belongs to a Speech and Language Pathologist that I work with at one of my center schools. Her name is Jennifer and she is by far one of the most amazing SLP’s I’ve ever worked with and has been a wealth of knowledge to me, as she also has a firsthand experience of having a child with SPD—Sensory Processing Disorder. This past year was hell for me as I was very pregnant and having to figure out what was going on with my oldest son. Jennifer always lent me her ear, gave me her professional and mother-to-mother advice, would let me fall apart but then would piece me back together, and most importantly, gave me hope during some of the most difficult and emotionally draining times in my parental life. I am grateful to have met her and have her as a co-worker and friend. …Did I also mention she’s a hoot?! I guess you could already tell that she has a pretty darn good sense of humor. Now on to the KALE!
Kale is a nutritiously dense food that your body will thank you for.
- An Anti-oxidant, Anti-inflammatory—Cancer prevention
- Chocked full of vitamin K, A, C, manganese, and Fiber
- Lowers cholesterol
- Provides Cardio-vascular support
Read more about the amazing benefits of Kale Here!
What the Kale?! …Chips Recipe
1 head organic kale, washed and thoroughly dried
2 tablespoons olive oil, coconut oil or grapeseed oil
Sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
1. Remove the ribs from the Kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Lay on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt.
3. Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes.