In the words of Homer Simpson, “mmmmmm…. Donuts.”
These donuts were definitely pretty awesome. Like most coconut flour recipes, the texture has the viscosity you look for in a cake donut, but a bit more dense. This recipe was easy to put together and will make for a nice breakfAst or snack.
Check out this post to learn more about coconut flour.
Coconut flour donut recipe
Yields: 12 donuts
- ½ cups Coconut Oil or butter, melted
- ½ cups Raw Honey
- 6 whole Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cups Coconut Flour
- ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
- ½ cups Chocolate Chips (I Used Enjoy)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 330ºF if using a dark colored pan. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds until liquid form. Heat the honey in the microwave for 20 seconds until it’s in liquid form.
2. Blend the eggs and honey together in a blender. Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
3. Sift the coconut flour, baking soda and salt into the egg mixture and mix until well blended.
4. Using a dessert spoon, spoon the batter into the circles of a well-greased donut pan. (I used 2 6-circle donut pans.) Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cooled, remove donuts from the donut pan.
5. For the topping, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Dip each donut into the chocolate and set onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Place donuts into the fridge for the chocolate to harden. Enjoy!