I made these gummies this evening on a whim. It was super easy and came together in a matter of minutes. I made these gummies using frozen strawberries. These will make an excellent treat for my boys and for sharing with school pals without the junk. This is an Easter treat that can be made ahead of time in no time. Give it a try.
Homemade Fruit Snacks
2½ cups fresh or frozen fruit
⅓ cup orange juice or water
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
5 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
1. Prepare 8-inch baking dish* by lining with parchment paper (for easy removal).
2. In medium saucepan, add fruit, orange juice and maple syrup. Cook over medium-low heat, just to soften fruit.
3. Turn off heat and carefully pour mixture into blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
4. Pour mixture back into saucepan. Turn heat to low and slowly add gelatin.
5. Continue to whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved and no clumps remain.
6. Pour into prepared pan. Place in refrigerator for about 1-2 hours, until set.
7. Remove from pan (or mold)and cut into ½-inch squares (a pizza cutter works great!).
8. Store in air-tight container. These fruit snacks to not have to be refrigerated, but we prefer to keep them chilled.
*You can also pour the fruit mixture into silicone molds to make fun shapes! I made bunny shaped gummies. (:
Enjoy and Happy Easter!