People are always asking me how I have the time to prep everything in advance to get meals on the table. The answer is and always will be, to keep it simple. Simple is easy, convenient, and tasty.
The boys love chicken breast meat. I usually buy chicken breasts, bone in and skin on. The way I’ve chosen to prepare my simply seasoned chicken is by using the skin as a cap to keep the chicken breasts moist. A little seasoning and oil, and you have a very tasty chicken ready to go.
I will prepare a large tray of chicken and use it throughout the week for meals. I will take it off the bone for stews, soups, chicken salad, and stir fry.
Simple yet Tasty
Using a seasoned salt or even just salt and pepper, makes for a deliciously moist chicken that can be prepared in no time.
Seasoned Salt Recipe
Makes a little under 1/4 c. of seasoning
2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
2 tsp. cane sugar (optional)
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 arrowroot or tapioca starch
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Store leftover mix in a small spice jar.
Simply Seasoned Chicken Recipe
Seasoned salt (recipe above)
Oil of choice or grass fed butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Gently lift the skin up from the chicken breasts and lightly season with seasoning salt. Season the outside of the chicken breasts, as well.
3. Add 1/4 tsp. of oil or butter under the skin of each chicken breasts. Repeat on the outside of the chicken breasts.
4. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until an internal thermometer reads 160 degrees. (After resting period, chicken will go up 5 degrees).
5. Serve immediately or cool chicken before storing.