Waffles. Grain-Free waffles. Deliciously Grain-Free Buttermilk Waffles!
This wasn’t easy. I had been searching for a waffle recipe and tried several recipes from the internet. I think I went through four or five recipes until I found one that actually resembled the look and taste of a waffle. Then, I tweaked it to meet our dietary needs. My sons love it, I love it, and hopefully, you will love it.
The Best Grain-Free Buttermilk Waffles
Yields: about 5-6 waffles
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted butter/ghee/coconut oil/palm olive shortening
1 Tbsp. Raw honey
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder (grain free)
Pinch of salt
1. Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar. Let rest for five minutes.
2. Preheat your waffle iron.
3. In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4. In another bowl add eggs, vanilla extract, raw honey, melted butter and soured milk until well combined
5. Spray your waffle iron if necessary to prevent sticking. Pour the necessary amount of batter into the waffle maker (pour just to cover the bottom, then close).
5. Let cook until the light goes off and check the waffle for being done. It should be a dark golden brown (2-3 minutes, depending on how hot and how big your waffle iron is.
6. Remove the waffle and repeat with the remaining batter.
Serve and enjoy!