Here is a simple, easy breakfast for those chaotic mornings. I like to use a vegan protein shake because I have a dairy intolerance, but feel free to use which ever you like best.
My favorite vegan protein powders are:
- Garden of Life Organic Protein Powder in smooth energy or chocolate. It does not have a grainy texture like some plant based protein powders. The texture is smooth, and it is sweetened with stevia, making it a low carb option for those watching carbs and sugar. Smooth energy is my favorite because it is loaded with vitamin B 12 (2230%). It contains 15 g. of protein per scoop. It also contains essential vitamins and nutrients, probiotics, and is GRAIN FREE. With unsweetened coconut milk, it is 3 WWPP, minus the peanut butter.
- Vega One. This is actually one that my husband really likes. It also does not have a grainy texture and has good flavor. It’s sweetened with stevia extract and contains 20 g. proteins, greens, vitamins and minerals, fiber, omega 3’s, antioxidants, and probiotics for just 160 calories per scoop.
These are my add-ins:
I will make this smoothie for my oldest, using a grass fed whey protein and add raw probiotics and a magnesium/calcium supplement. I usually do not add any extra sugar other than the fruit, but will sometimes throw in a date for a little extra sweetness depending on how ripe my fruit is. If using dates, soak them for about 15-20 minutes in water. This will make the date break down easier in the blender without leaving flecks of dates.
I also always add in golden flaxseed. Here’s why.
And this is how I put it all together.
Banana Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Protein powder, as directed on your protein brand of choice
- 1/2 c. Crushed ice
- 1 c. Unsweetened coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 c. Blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 c. Strawberries, sliced (frozen or fresh)
- 1/3 of a banana
- 2 Tbsp. golden flaxseed, extra ground
- 1 tbsp of nut butter of choice, optional
Put all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend for 30 seconds. Check consistency of smoothie and blend again until well incorporated. Serve and enjoy.
Feel free to use whatever fruit, protein powder, milk, and add ins you have on hand or prefer.
What are your favorite protein shake powders?
I was not paid to endorse these products and the review is based on my own opinion and preference.
2 thoughts on “Protein Shake Recipe”
I have to try this! I already have most of the ingredients in my home too!
Hope you enjoy it!